Re: Slow performance on Windows .NET and OleDb

Ruben Rubio Rey wrote:
Greg Quinn wrote:

The query is,

select * from users

which returns 4 varchar fields, there is no where clause

Yes, I am running the default postgres config. Basically I have been a MySQL user and thought I would like to check out PostGreSql. So I did a quick performance test. The performance was so different that I thought PostGreSQL was nothing compared to MySQL, but now it seems its just a few configuration options. Strange how the defult config would be so slow...

- Do u have any indexes? Remove it. To get all rows you do not need it

I wouldn't do that. Postgres needs indexing just like any other database.

It might affect this query but it's not going to help other queries.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/