Re: [HACKERS] qsort again

Martijn van Oosterhout schrieb:

Last time around there were a number of different algorithms tested.
Did anyone run those tests while getting it to count the number of
actual comparisons (which could easily swamp the time taken to do the
actual sort in some cases)?

The last time I did such tests is almost 10 years ago. I had used MetroWerks CodeWarrior C/C++, which had Quicksort as algorithm in the Lib C. Anyhow, I tested a few algorithms including merge sort and heapsort. I end up with heapsort because it was the fastest algorithm for our issue. We joined two arrays where each array was sorted and run qsort to sort the new array.

Sven.