Re: Default autovacuum settings too conservative

Markus Schaber wrote:
Does vacuum improves the performance of the database search.. As if now I
have a table who is having a records 70 lac and daily appx 10-15 thousand
rows get added. so please let me know which type of vacuum I should prefer.
I am accessing a data using  java application which is hosted on the same
database server.

I don't know what "70 lac" means.

One lac (also spelt "lakh") is one hundred thousand. And one crore is ten million. Indians count differently from the rest of the world :-).

Tim

Tim Allen          tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Proximity Pty Ltd  http://www.proximity.com.au/