Re: Simple Join

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005, Mark Kirkwood wrote:

Right on. Some of these "coerced" plans may perform much better. If so, we can look at tweaking your runtime config: e.g.

effective_cache_size
random_page_cost
default_statistics_target

to see if said plans can be chosen "naturally".

Mark, I've seen these config options listed as tweaking targets fairly frequently, has anyone put any thought or effort into creating a test program that could analyse the actual system and set the defaults based on the measured performance?

David Lang