Re: opinion on disk speed

On Dec 9, 2005, at 10:50 AM, Andreas Pflug wrote:

Well, if your favourite dealer can't supply you with such common equipment as 15k drives you should consider changing the dealer. They don't seem to be aware of db hardware reqirements.

Thanks to all for your opinions. I'm definitely sticking with 15k drives like I've done in the past for all my other servers.

The reason I considered the 10k was because of the simplicity of ordering from the same vendor. They do offer 15k drives, but at double the capacity I needed (73GB drives) which would make the cost way high and overkill for what I need.