Re: opinion on disk speed

On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 17:03:27 -0000
"Dave Page" <dpage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]

  I agree, the extra spindles and lower seek times are better if all
  you are concerned about is raw speed.

  However, that has to be balanced, from an overall perspective, with
  the nice single point of ordering/contact/support/warranty of the
  one vendor. It's a tough call.

   Frank Wiles <frank@xxxxxxxxx>
   http://www.wiles.org