Re: Reindex doesn’t not working replica nodes

Got it thanks for the deep dive explanation.Scott 👍🏻

And parallel  we got below error also included OS incompatibility?

postgres[265938]: segfault at 18 ip 00000000004cf11b

Regards,
Mohammed Afsar

On Fri, 16 Aug 2024 at 6:49 PM, Scott Ribe <scott_ribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Aug 16, 2024, at 7:08 AM, Mohammed Afsar <vmdapsar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> We are using streaming replications but still reindex is not working source db has 11.15replica has 11.11 PostgreSQL version.

This is not your problem.

As you understand, I think, with streaming replication all files, including indexes, are exactly duplicated on the replica. If the OS on the two sides have different glibc versions which have different collations, then the index structure of the primary will be a corrupted index on the replica. You have to fix your OS version incompatibility, or move to a version of postgres which can use ICU collations and make sure that library is compatible on both sides.