Re: Reindex doesn’t not working replica nodes

Hi Mohammed,

PostgreSQL replication is based on replicating WAL (Write-Ahead Log) records, which capture changes to data files such as inserts, updates, deletes, and the creation of new tables. However,

WAL does not include the physical structure of indexes.

If you're encountering issues like zero rows being fetched from the replica, it could be due to index inconsistencies or replication lag. To ensure your read replica has updated indexes, you can promote the replica to be the primary node, perform the REINDEX operation, and then revert the roles, making the original primary node the primary again.

Regards
Muhammad Affan