Re: How to detect if a postgresql gin index is bloated

Hi Wong,

Could you check the size of the table and Index both and see whether index size is disproportionately larger than the size of the table ? If yes then adopt the smarter way suggested in above response by Laurenz Albe

Regards,
Ikram

On Fri, Jul 26, 2024 at 9:58 AM Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 2024-07-25 at 23:01 -0400, Keith Fiske wrote:
> Any more insight on how to use those two options to actually calculate GIN bloat?
> From what I could tell pgstattuple didn't provide anything that could be used.
> I hadn't looked further into the other yet, but if you know how to do that already
> that info would be great.

I don't think that there is anything smarter than to create a new index with the
same definition and see if it is much smaller than the original index...

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

--
Muhammad Ikram