psql on Windows systems

Dear friends,

Recently I had to use PostgreSQL on a Windows based system, and I was surprised that the psql tool behaves differently, when it comes to the functionality of the readline library.

There is no tab-completion for commands or schema/view/table names. Also, browsing through previous commands within the history is different from the psql version on Linux systems. Only single lines, not complete commands show up in the history.

This may be due to some library differences, but wouldn't it be possible to link some powerful readline and tab-completion libraries also on Windows systems?

Maybe it's a question for psql developers, should I write on a different list?

Kind Regards,

Holger

--

Holger Jakobs, Bergisch Gladbach