Re: PostgreSQL 16 timed out

Am 21.04.24 um 07:54 schrieb Сергеев Аркадий:
Hi, I have some troubles with PostgreSQL 16.
My current state:
- Windows 11
- PostgreSQL 15 installed and working
- PostgreSQL installed, but don’t allow me connect via PgAdmin4

In services I see postgresql-x64-16 — running installen on port 5434
service postgresql-x64-15 - PostgreSQL Server 15 also running

I’he try to stop postgresql-x64-15 and login in PgAdmin to PostgreSQL 16, but recive the same error — timed out

Is it possible to have both PostreSQL on one machine? What is my mistake.
I don’t want to uninstall PostrgeSQL 15, but I wat to try PostgeSQL16 may be it resolve my problem:
when I write proghram on Python and work with PostgreSQL via SQLAlchemy, now I get the error

OSError: [WinError 64] Указанное сетевое имя более недоступно
asyncpg.exceptions.ConnectionDoesNotExistError: connection was closed in the middle of operation

This error raised when I try CREATE TABLE and even when I try SELECT statement
I don't know where the error is, in SQLAlchemy or in asyncpg or in PostrgeSQL or in my code. My code fully the same as in video where all working properly. So I want to test PostgreSQL 16, Python 3.11 I’ve tested yet — no result.

--
С уважением,
Сергеев Аркадий

Having several clusters (installations) of PostgreSQL on the same machine need different port numbers. The default ist 5432, usually further installations use 5433, 5434 and so on.

If you want to test the connectivity of your server, it's best *not* to use any third party tools (pgAdmin is one of them), but psql, which is part of the PostgreSQL software. It tends to give better error messages. And of course, have a look at the log files.

Regards,
Holger

--

Holger Jakobs, Bergisch Gladbach, Tel. +49-178-9759012

chat with me on Signal messenger