From: Scott Ribe <scott_ribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2024 11:39:58 PM
To: Pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: explosive WAL growth

Something is causing our WAL to grow 160GB/hour *faster* than archiving. (Archiving appears to be working normally.) This started in the past couple of days.

I am having some trouble finding the cause of this. I am looking at pg_stat_statements, # calls, time, shared blocks written. I am also looking at recent client app deployments.

My next step might be to use something like pg_waldump to see what's in this WAL.

Any suggestions?

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx