Re: Enhancement Request

El jue, 1 feb 2024 2:35, Ron Johnson <ronljohnsonjr@xxxxxxxxx> escribió:
On Wed, Jan 31, 2024 at 3:51 PM Hajek, Nick <Nick.Hajek@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 [snip]

 Delete from table1 where table1.id in (select table1.id from table1 limit yourlimitnumber)

The IN predicate is only efficient for a very small number of elements, supported by an index.  People (including me) who would find DELETE FROM .. LIMIT TO ... useful want to delete a *lot* of rows (but not all in one giant statement).

Deleting large numbers of rows is a complex task with a lot of hidden issues (index management between other things). Adding a LIMIT paradigm will not simplify it in any way. I remember doing it on tables with over 50 millions rows and had my share of disaster recoveries. Partitions saved my life.

Cheers
Olivier