Re: Postgres storage migration

Error with pg_restore is secondary. Let's forget that for now.

I am using Openshift platform, ceph storage. We are changing the storage to local. So, we created a cluster in new Local storage. All I want to know is how to migrate data from one cluster to another cluster in less downtime. 100gb is taking more than 8hrs for backup and restore.

1. Pg_dump and pg_restore good? If so directory format or which format is good?
2. Or pgbasebackup is possible in a customised Openshift env?

On Sat, 9 Dec, 2023, 9:42 PM Scott Ribe, <scott_ribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Dec 8, 2023, at 7:56 PM, Rajesh Kumar <rajeshkumar.dba09@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> We are facing error while restoring

What error?

It would really help if you'd give us the full information, instead of having us drag it out of you one tidbit at a time.