Re: Segmentation fault when running queries in sequence

On 24/9/23 10:54, Tom Lane wrote:
Matt Gibbins <matt_gibbins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
I executed continue and the gdb reported '[Detaching after fork from
child process 2790431]' for several sequences and the remote process
then crashed.
I think this means that you attached to the parent postmaster
process, not to the per-session child process where the crash
will occur.

On the whole, attaching to a live server process is kind of the
hard way to do this anyhow.  I'd recommend enabling saving of
core dump files and then gdb'ing the core file.  That avoids
needing to identify in advance the process that is going to crash.

			regards, tom lane

Tom

Thank you for your patience.

I have now created a core dump of the process. It is approximately 4G in size.

Rather large for an email.

As I am not familiar with core dump processing I require some further guidance.

Matt.