Re: Related To Hash Partition

On Thu, Aug 24, 2023 at 11:53 AM ROHIT SACHDEVA <sachdeva.rohit648@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Jeff,

Today when i am running the updates on a sharding table i.e updating the sharding column with other values.

Data has been unsync  i.e data should be in the fourth partition according to the explain method  but the data is in the first partition.

How can I overcome this problem?

plz help me with this issue as this is a production issue.

Regards
Rohit Sachdeva

I imagine you're going to have to give a concrete, reproducible example before anyone is going to be able to assist any further. Also which specific, patched version of PG14 to see if there might be a bug that was fixed?

Even if that example only works in RDS at least that would narrow this down to being an issue specifically there. And if this turns out to only be an RDS issue, it at least points out to you that you will likely have to contact their support since RDS is actually a proprietary fork of PostgreSQL.

Keith