Re: postgis Error during upgrade

Dear,
Very old versions will never have the new features that current applications have, which will always fail when you want to migrate, so I advise you... look, there is an official postgresql page where you can see the compatibility between versions and after that, mount the PG14 version on a destination server and only export the schemas, users and data.
Then you check your applications and if everything goes well, that's it... or you can do a POC with what I'm telling you before doing it in a productive environment
I hope it works for you, regards

Erik R. Serrano Saavedra
Ingeniero de Sistemas Informáticos
      Data Base Administrator
        eserranos@xxxxxxxxx
                 998596691

El vie, 21 jul 2023 a las 4:23, Ilya Kosmodemiansky (<ik@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>) escribió:
Hi Roland,

On Fri, Jul 21, 2023 at 9:39 AM Roland Che <rolandngwa31@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello all
> i am trying to upgrade from postgres 9.6 to the latest minor version of 14.

Upgrading Postgres from such an old version with postgis is a bit
tricky. In order to upgrade to Postgres version 13 you need to upgrade
postgis extension to version 3.0, otherwise your postgis would be
broken, and you would need to transfer data logically which is not a
nice experience.

for Postgis 3.0 PostgreSQL 9.5 or higher is required, so you can
upgrade Postgis according to documentation and then do a Postgres
upgrade.

Best regards,
Ilya