Re: Unexplained rapid growth in memory usage of idle backends

Alex Balashov <abalashov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Occasionally, about once every 2 months, we'll get a slow-motion implosion over a period of about 24 hours, where the resident memory size of some of the backends shoots up from a reasonable few hundred MB to several gigs -- and will keep growing, e.g.

I'm a little suspicious that the excess memory consumption is a
consequence of JIT-compiled code not getting recycled promptly.
Do you have JIT enabled, and if so are you relying on it too much
to turn it off?

I don't have any concrete idea of why JIT code management would work
fine and then stop working fine, but we do have other reports of
memory leaks from that.

			regards, tom lane