Re: PgAdmin cannot locate my server

You are correct this problem was from windows and PgAdmin 4v6. At least that’s what my company calls it. The database was an AWS RDS version 12.4.

The eventual fix was even stranger. As an experiment I ran nslookup against the db. Then I reconfigured PgAdmin to connect using the db’s IP address. That all went quite well and I connected with the db. For grins, I reconfigured PgAdmin back to the db’s FQDN, and had it try a reconnection. Strangely enough it did connect and there were no issues., but the only change here was the fact that I first connected using the IP adress.

Sent from my iPad