Re: PgAdmin cannot locate my server

> On 17/04/2023 19:44 CEST John Scalia <jayknowsunix@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> I’ve got something really weird going on. My laptop can easily find my PLE
> production (production like environment) using a normal nslookup, but PgAdmin
> emits an error saying could not translate host name “ple.mydomain.com” host to
> address: Unknown host
>
> So where is PgAdmin looking regarding DNS entries?

I can't find message "Unknown host" in the pgAdmin source.  I'd have to check
but I assume pgAdmin delegates all connection management to psycopg.

> I would think that if the laptop can find it, that any app running on it
> should be able to do so.

How do you run pgAdmin?  From the top of my head there's the desktop version,
server version, and Docker container version.  In case of the server version
it's plausible that the server uses different DNS settings than your laptop.
Docker containers should inherit the DNS settings of the host but that can be
changed as well.

--
Erik