Does raising maintenance_work_mem get seen by an already running aucovac?

Groovy admins,

This is on Pg11 (shameful, I know !).

There's a long running anti-wrap autovac that we'd rather let finish but
on the server instance, I found maintenance_work_mem rather low and thus
raised it in postgresql.comf, reloaded and confirmed that my interactive
session saw the change.

Can a running autovac make use of this or should I either wait it out or
cancel and let it restart when ready?

The vacuum progress view shows that it's finished the heap and I guess
toast, but is now working through the indexes.

Thx