pgperms: Declarative / config as code for PostgreSQL permissions

Hey all,

I wrote a tool that can manage PostgreSQL permissions from a config file. The config file describes your desired roles and grants and syncs them to your PostgreSQL cluster. This allows you to manage your permissions in Git, for example.

You can find detailed instructions and the binaries at https://github.com/SnoozeThis-org/pgperms.

Here's some example config to show its features:

roles:
  yourname:
    password: SCRAM-SHA-256$4096:...
    createdb: true
databases:
- mydatabase
schemas:
- mydatabase.myschema
database_privileges:
- roles: [yourname]
  privileges: [CONNECT, TEMPORARY]
  databases: [mydatabase]
schema_privileges:
- roles: [yourname]
  privileges: [CREATE, USAGE]
  schemas: [mydatabase.myschema]
table_privileges:
- roles: [yourname]
  privileges: [SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE]
  tables: [mydatabase.otherschema.*]

Let me know if you find any bugs or need any missing features. It'd be great to hear people find this useful :)

-- Jille
Development of pgperms is sponsored by SnoozeThis: a bot that can hold on to your blocked issues until they're actionable (https://www.snoozethis.com).