Re: Failover Testing Failures: invalid resource manager ID in primary checkpoint record

On Thu, Jan 19, 2023 at 9:50 AM Don Seiler <don@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm going to have to review what chef might have done. I was relying on chef to deploy the configs before attempting to restart but it may have tried to start the service early

Reviewing the chef recipe, this does seem to be the case. The code to determine whether or not to place the standby.signal file comes after it already attempts to start the PG service. Another self-inflicted wound apparently.

Don.
--
Don Seiler
www.seiler.us