Fwd: Listening ip in postgres database cluster

if you use patroni, you can use Haproxy and keepalived

image.png

Em qua., 28 de dez. de 2022 às 12:58, Erik Serrano <eserranos@xxxxxxxxx> escreveu:
Hello guys,

I have a question, it happens that I have a monitoring web application that connects to my postgresql onpremise database... so far so good, however I need to do a HA cluster replication between the databases and the tests I have done have worked in my laboratory.
However, I have 2 nodes that replicate with different ips... but my application should only see one ip, and when it changes due to failover it stops seeing the server and I must change it manually and restore it when I do the switchover (go back or normalize the database cluster) .
I would like to know if there is any open source application, script or configuration that allows switching the IPs in case of failover... something like a listener (sqlserver) but postgres.

I would greatly appreciate if you can give me ideas to solve this problem to set up a laboratory and solve the problem.

Thank you very much guys in advance
regards

Erik R. Serrano Saavedra
Ingeniero de Sistemas Informáticos
      Data Base Administrator
        eserranos@xxxxxxxxx
                 998596691

--

Atenciosamente,

Everson Kalaf

Oracle Database SQL Certified Expert
ITIL® Foundation V3
MCSE: Data Platform SQL Server® 2012
MCSA: SQL Server® 2012
MCITP: Database Administrator 2008
MCITP: Administrador de Servidor Windows Server 2008
MCTS  Implementação e Manutenção SQL Server 2008
MCTS Infraestrutura de Redes Windows Server 2008
MCTS Active Directory Windows Server Server 2008
Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate
MCSA / MCDST / MCP