user credentials rejected by pgAdmin right after new install

Hi,

I have to install postgres on my QNAP TVS-1271U-RP but am no pro, so hopefully this is an easy beginners mistake:
  • via DockerStation on the QNAP I installed postgres and pgadmin via this docker compose
  • the only thing I changed in the process was the POSTGRES_PASSWORD in the yml.
  • after successful install I went to pgadmin, clicked "add new server" and entered the server's ip address along with the POSTGRES_USER and POSTGRES_PASSWORD values from the yml file.
  • However, pgadmin says that those are the wrong user credentials.
  • I logged into the docker terminal for my docker container and checked the environment which confirms the above values are indeed correct.

I used to have this running once in the past but decided to uninstall everything and start from scratch for several reasons. After several hours of trying I just cannot figure out what I am missing to get this going.

If someone would be able to assist with this, that would be amazing.

Cheers,
frank