DB Encoding question

All;

We are converting from DB2 on the mainframe to PostgreSQL 14 in the cloud. We have been using IIDR to dump DB2 tables to CSV files and then using pg_loader / COPY to import the files. However the DB2 Encoding is EBCDIC and the PostgreSQL db encoding is UTF8, this is causing some rows / columns to fail when we try to load the data into PostgreSQL

Will we be better off changing the PostgreSQL encoding to match the DB2 database? Will this cause other issues down the road? Is there a 'best practice' for this use case?

Thanks in advance