Re: Postgres Stream Replication Failover Questions

On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 1:49 PM Mahmoud Moharam <mmoharam@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
thanks for your kind reply

4. If I started inserting into slave (which will become master) server until old master is back, do I have to reverse the configuration?

Yes, you can rebulid manually. There are so many tools available to perform the auto switchover.
what will happen to data which insert into slave (promoted master ) when I original master become healthy
is there is a doc which show failover in detailed steps ?

If the primary server fails and the standby server becomes the new primary, and then the old primary restarts, you must have a mechanism for informing the old primary that it is no longer the primary. It is necessary to avoid situations where both systems think they are the primary, which will lead to confusion and ultimately data loss.

For more information go through below link :
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/warm-standby-failover.html

Thanks & Regards,
Shreeyansh DBA Team
www.shreeyansh.com