Re: Reliable WAL file shipping over unreliable network

Wow, that's good sleuthing!  Are you going to report the bug to the rsync maintainers?

You can work around it by not having your script trust rsync, but to do a sha1 hash on both ends after rsync exits.  We do this in production because we once encountered a server with bad memory that was mysteriously corrupting the files; we ended up never removing the sha1-comparison code.

Regards,

Dianne.