Re: Distribution shipped vs Postgres Repository

On 10/13/2016 08:58 AM, Keith wrote:

<HUGE SNIP>
So this can actually be seen
</HUGE SNIP>

The apt repository provided by the PostgreSQL community is used far more
often than the default one that comes with Debian in my experience. It
provides you access to the latest major version, no matter the version
of Debian/Ubuntu you're using. With the time gap between major debian
versions, this can be quite long and often runs into the default version
being outside the EOL of that postgresql version.

Keith

                        +1-503-667-4564
Unless otherwise stated, opinions are my own.