Re: Autovacuum of pg_database

Hi Greg,

Greg Spiegelberg wrote:

> We were bit a couple months ago by a very similar issue where autovacuum
> ignored pg_type.  A manual vacuum fixed it but since that table is abused
> by every client using libpq which is darn near everything I suspect it went
> bad in a hurry.

Hmm.  The current report is about shared catalogs (pg_shdepend and
pg_database were reported as problematic) which pg_type is not, so I
doubt that this bugfix will have any impact in a problem vacuuming
pg_type.

I'm interested in seeing a more detailed report from you about the
pg_type vacuuming failure.

> Question is, will this patch be backported to 9.3?

Yes, in my opinion we would backpatch it, back to 9.1 even.