Re: Very long "<IDLE> in transaction" query

Hi Gnanam,

I assume your not ending your transactions with commit or rollback. When using a connection pooler your connection is reused for next request. So if one request does something that initiates an implizit BEGIN (like an UPDATE/INSERT) without a COMMIT or ROLLBACK this connection remains in IDLE IN TRANSACTION mode. Please ensure that you invoke a COMMIT after each successful request or ROLLBACK after failed or control these inside your application. I'm not familiar with pgpool but check if you can configure your pooler for this behaviour

Thomas