Re: Problems with pg_restore (plpgsql already exists)

On Feb 25, 2012, at 9:18 AM, Brian Weaver wrote:

> Thanks for the pointer. Is it just me that finds it the behavior of pg_restore odd? If the default installation since 9.0 has PL/PgSQL installed then why does pg_restore still emit statements to create the language? As a developer by trade it smells like a bug.

It's pg_dump that's emitting the command to create the language. If you ran pg_dump from 9.0+, it would not do so. This is an example of why the standard advice for upgrading is to use the newer pg_dump against the older database--you can often get away without doing that, and I am one of those people who often ignores that advice and does things the easier way until it breaks, but it is safer.

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx