Do I need to run pgagent_upgrade.sql? If so, when?

Greetings!

I am putting together a formal installation package for a customer who is not happy if he doesn’t have one, even though he’s got primary and backup servers both running as expected.

I am writing instructions on how to install PGAgent.  The download package for PGAgent includes two SQL files, pgagent.sql and pgagent_upgrade.sql.  But the only instructions I found online on how to install PGAgent only mention the first.  Is pgagent_upgrade.sql required?  If so, when do I run it?  I presume that it should be run after pgagent.sql, but without instructions, I’m not positive.

Thank you.

RobR