Re: graceful reload

В Чтв, 03/06/2010 в 14:45 +0700, Anh Ky Huynh пишет:
> On Thu, 03 Jun 2010 10:23:36 +0400
> Vasiliy G Tolstov <v.tolstov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Hello.
> >
> > I'm use linux and postgresql under xen vps. Vps supports memory
> > balloon (i need to increase memory some time). Can postgresql
> > server has ability to graceful reload itself after it configuration
> > files changed? Thank You.
>
> I'm afraid *NOT*. You can write a script / cronjob for this task. The script will check postgresql periodically and will restart posgresql daemon in case the configuration was changed. You can use `stat` command (try `stat --help`) to get the right information about file's modifcation. You should *check* if your configuration is valid before restart the daemon as any wrong modification can cause your server to stop :)
>
> I know there's a tool that will do some tasks whenever a(ny) file in the system has been modified. But I can't remember the name of that tool.
>
> Regards,

Sorry for incorrect question. I mean: does postgresql can be reloaded
without breaking current connections?
For example:
I need to increate some values in postgresql conf file and want to this
valies applied on running server, can i do this without full restart?

--
Vasiliy G Tolstov <v.tolstov@xxxxxxxxx>
Selfip.Ru