Re: graceful reload

On Thu, 03 Jun 2010 10:23:36 +0400
Vasiliy G Tolstov <v.tolstov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I'm use linux and postgresql under xen vps. Vps supports memory
> balloon (i need to increase memory some time). Can postgresql
> server has ability to graceful reload itself after it configuration
> files changed? Thank You.

I'm afraid *NOT*. You can write a script / cronjob for this task. The script will check postgresql periodically and will restart posgresql daemon in case the configuration was changed. You can use `stat` command (try `stat --help`) to get the right information about file's modifcation. You should *check* if your configuration is valid before restart the daemon as any wrong modification can cause your server to stop :)

I know there's a tool that will do some tasks whenever a(ny) file in the system has been modified. But I can't remember the name of that tool.

Regards,

--
Anh Ky Huynh