Re: Warm standby questions

Insufficient coffee:

My environment is a little strange (at least I never read about one set up like this before I built it) and has some associated oddities in the old segment cleanup process - All of my slaves mount an archive partition on the master (read-only) and every log file is "picked up" twice: Once to copy it locally, and again to put it where Postgres wants it for replay/recovery.

every slave to bring up a new master. If there's interest I'll post a writeup on my blog rather than rambling in an email :)
^^ Should say "That ensures that every slave has the segments I need to bring it up a new master."

(I swear it made sense when I was typing it! Now I migrate to the coffee machine...)