Re: After upgrade cleanup

On Jun 19, 2008, at 8:13 AM, Carol Walter wrote:
I just did an upgrade from 8.1 to 8.2.3. We'll go up to 8.3.3 very soon, but for reasons I won't go into, this intermediate step was necessary. My problem is, now that the upgrade is done, how can I clean up the database from the old version. I leave the original database up as long as I can when I do an upgrade just in case I need to revert to it. Now I have the databases from two versions on my server and I need to get rid of the old one. Can I just remove the old files from the data directories? With other systems, I've had trouble removing database files because upgrades use certain files from old versions. I don't want to break my new database. I'm on Solaris 10.

Not only does the new version not use files from the old, it doesn't even know it exists. You can just nuke all the 8.1 stuff.
--
Decibel!, aka Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect  decibel@xxxxxxxxxxx