Re: Postgres with Sun Cluster HA/Solaris 10

Hi,

Subbiah Stalin-XCGF84 wrote:
Any pointers to debug this futher is greatly appreciated.

I'm not quite sure, how sun cluster is working, but to me it sounds like a shared-disk failover solution (see [1] for more details).

As such, only one node should run a postgres instance at any time. Does sun cluster take care of that?

"LOG:  could not bind IPv6 socket: Cannot assign requested address
HINT:  Is another postmaster already running on port 5432? If not, wait
a few seconds and retry."

That's talking about IPv6. Are you using IPv6? Is sun cluster doing something magic WRT your network?

(BTW, please don't cross post (removed -performance). And don't reply to emails when you intend to start a new thread, thanks.)

Regards

Markus

[1]: Postgres Documentation High Availability and Load Balancing
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/high-availability.html

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq