Re: problems installing postgresql 8.0 on Mac OS

On Jun 11, 2007, at 9:00 PM, jbar@xxxxxxxx wrote:

Thanks again! You're quite right, I didn't think to look in
/Library, but there it
is! However, when I try that command of yours, I get a
password query, but it
doesn't accept my password. How do I find out the correct
password for
super-user? My account is admin, & I earlier created a
postgres administrator
account (because I was told that a postgres user already
existed, even though
it doesn't show up in the accounts. I tried running your
command but
preceded by sudo instead, but terminal said I had illegal
option -m.

I think the easiest approach to get you started is to download and install the startup item. Then reboot your computer. You won't need to know the postgres user password to start the server and it will be started automatically when your computer starts.

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php? group_id=133151&package_id=147282

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL