Re: autovacuum question

Jim Nasby írta:
Autovacuum doesn't launch a separate daemon; you'll only see an autovac process when an autovac is actually working.
Where should I see it? The output of "ps ax | grep auto" is empty. Does it mean that auto vacuum is not running? How can I check if there is a problem?

Also, 8.1 has code to prevent wraparound, so that's not it (see backend/access/transam/varsup.c)
Oh, then do you have any idea what caused this? E.g. a postgres client seeing an older version of the data? "Older" means that the postgres client was started today and it saw the data from 2 days ago, then suddenly it started to see the fresh data.

Thanks,

 Laszlo