Re: Well, I am making some progress with createdb/dropdb

On Dec 9, 2006, at 6:19 PM, Philippe Salama wrote:
The textbook wanted me to create-db -U neil bpsimple, but I accidentally created it as postgres. I want to follow directions so future exercises will work ok.

It has taken me a while to figure out that there are , in bin, programs such as createdb.exe which look for parameters on command line such as
-U neil bpsimple

So, I had to figure out how to dropdb.exe -U postgres bpsimple

And then recreate it as createdb.exe -U neil bpsimple

It is confusing for me to keep straight which things are .exe in bin, and which are command lines in psql.

I think the docs make it pretty obvious which is which, but as a rule of thumb, people tend to capitalize SQL commands (ie: CREATE DATABASE), but not the command-line commands.

When in doubt, there's an entire section of the docs that is a reference to all commands.
--
Jim Nasby                                            jim@xxxxxxxxx