Re: pg_dump: schema with OID xxxxxxxx does not exist

Yes, 32 entries.

Wow, that's the first case I've heard of where whole tables were left
around with no matching schema.  You'll probably find you have to drop
both the pg_class and pg_type rows before pg_dump will work --- AFAIR
you shouldn't have to clean out pg_attribute.

Thanks Tom. I was able to run pg_dump successfully after clearing those rows from the pg_class and pg_type tables.

Since it's hard to tell exactly what's going on here, I'd suggest a
pg_dumpall/initdb/reload sequence to be sure there isn't any other
undetected corruption.  Be sure to check that the dump contains
everything you expect though.
Will do this. Sounds like there's some hairy stuff going on and a good cleanout would be a good idea (as well as a PG upgrade).

Thanks again for your help.

Peter