Re: Permission denied: LOCK TABLE test.__proc IN ACCESS SHARE MODE

kynn@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> pg_dump: SQL command failed
> pg_dump: Error message from server: ERROR:  permission denied for schema test
> pg_dump: The command was: LOCK TABLE test.__proc IN ACCESS SHARE MODE
>
> I can't find out what transaction is responsible for this lock.  When
> I look at the pg_locks table, I see only two locks, and they both seem
> to be due to the fact that I am interacting with psql at the moment,
> and this interaction is in no way directed to the database I'm trying
> to dump.

You are assuming that the problem is that there is a lock conflict.
This is not the case; you'd not get an error message (unless the command
had specified NOWAIT).

The problem here seems to be that you are trying to dump a schema or
table that the dumping user has no access to.  You may either grant
those permissions, or create the dump with another user.