Re: Question: Are there conflicts between the paragraph and the figure?

On Mon, May 01, 2023 at 07:09:49PM +0800, Alan Huang wrote:

> > 2023年5月1日 下午7:05,Alan Huang <mmpgouride@xxxxxxxxx> 写道:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I’m reading section 9.5.4.9, in the second to the last paragraph, there is:
> >
> >  Before the first horizontal line, all readers see the leftmost myconfig structure,
> >  and after the second horizontal line, all readers will see the rightmost structure.
> >  Between the two lines, that is, during the grace period, different readers might see different objects
> >
> > I’m a little confused, in Figure 9.29, the xchg is before the first horizontal line, in my understanding, if the
> > reader’s reading is before the xchg, it will read the leftmost myconfg structure.
>
> And if reader’s reading is after the xchg, it will see the rightmost structure, and because xchg is before the first horizontal line,
> Readers before the first horizontal line may also see the rightmost structure.
>

> > So, are there some conflicts between the paragraph and the figure?
> >
> > Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Consider the point in time just before the left-hand reader's
rcu_read_unlock() and just after the right-hand reader's rcu_read_lock().
These two readers are both running at that time, and one of those readers
sees the old state and the other sees the new state.

Does that help, or am I missing the point of your question?

							Thanx, Paul

[Index of Archives]     [Linux NFS]     [Linux NILFS]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]