Re: [RFC NOT PULL] Add experimental target 'noqq' (sans inline Quick Quizzes)

On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 07:19:04AM +0900, Akira Yokosawa wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Mar 2020 09:17:16 -0700, Paul E. McKenney wrote:

> >> Prompted by this question, I was looking into the -hb build.
> >> It turned out that the change made in commit 648af1774e3a ("Stop using
> >> modified book.cls") I submitted back in April 2018 broke the -hb build
> >> in that pdflatex generates PDF having page size of normal letterpaper.
> >>
> >> It looks like the letterpaperhb option needs to be in the modified
> >> book.cls file.
> >> As there was no complaint regarding this regression, I guess nobody
> >> cares -hb build.
> >
> > The only time I might have used it was when creating the hardbound
> > version of the first edition.
> >
> >> And I'm wondering how the -hb build is supposed to work.
> >>
> >> Do you choose paper of 10.75in x 8.25in in printing -hb PDF?
> >> Or do you use normal letterpaper and cut edges by 0.25in afterwords?
> >
> > I will know (hopefully) in a few months, once I have the remaining
> > scalability results regenerated.  It might well be different this time,
> > depending on what formatting options are available from whichever online
> > printing service.
>
> Ah, I see.
>

> > So I might be asking for your assistance at that point, in the all too
> > likely event that I cannot figure it out on my own.  ;-)
>
> So, I'll see what would be a proper way to add a customized paper size.
>
> As for the addition of Quick Quiz annotation, one of your recent updates
> conflicts with my working branch.
>
> So please wait a while for another "[RFC NOT PULL]".

Or just send me the pull request and tell me which commit it is against.
Then let me sort out the merge-conflict breakage.  I do have significant
practice with this sort of task.  ;-)

							Thanx, Paul

[Index of Archives]     [Linux NFS]     [Linux NILFS]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]