Re: [RFC NOT PULL] Add experimental target 'noqq' (sans inline Quick Quizzes)

On Wed, 25 Mar 2020 09:17:16 -0700, Paul E. McKenney wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 12:19:56AM +0900, Akira Yokosawa wrote:

>>> These are now on branch qqz.2020.03.22a, which is on top of the earlier
>>> qqz.2020.03.17a.
>>>
>>> I do like the comma-separated list of quick-quiz IDs for the -noqq
>>> variant, and marking a few of the quizzes as "essential" makes sense.
>>>
>>> I believe that the churn should be fine in this case.  This does after
>>> all at least partially address a long-standing complaint from a small
>>> but noisy group of people.  ;-)
>>>
>>> Should the "hb" target also put boxes around the quick quizzes?
>>> (I freely confess to having lost track of what most of the targets do!)
>>
>> Prompted by this question, I was looking into the -hb build.
>> It turned out that the change made in commit 648af1774e3a ("Stop using
>> modified book.cls") I submitted back in April 2018 broke the -hb build
>> in that pdflatex generates PDF having page size of normal letterpaper.
>>
>> It looks like the letterpaperhb option needs to be in the modified
>> book.cls file.
>> As there was no complaint regarding this regression, I guess nobody
>> cares -hb build.
>
> The only time I might have used it was when creating the hardbound
> version of the first edition.
>
>> And I'm wondering how the -hb build is supposed to work.
>>
>> Do you choose paper of 10.75in x 8.25in in printing -hb PDF?
>> Or do you use normal letterpaper and cut edges by 0.25in afterwords?
>
> I will know (hopefully) in a few months, once I have the remaining
> scalability results regenerated.  It might well be different this time,
> depending on what formatting options are available from whichever online
> printing service.

Ah, I see.

> So I might be asking for your assistance at that point, in the all too
> likely event that I cannot figure it out on my own.  ;-)

So, I'll see what would be a proper way to add a customized paper size.

As for the addition of Quick Quiz annotation, one of your recent updates
conflicts with my working branch.

So please wait a while for another "[RFC NOT PULL]".

        Thanks, Akira

> 							Thanx, Paul

[Index of Archives]     [Linux NFS]     [Linux NILFS]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]