Re: pam-config breaks existing configuration

Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer my question.

> The answer is written on top of the files you modified:
>
> "# This file is autogenerated by pam-config. All changes
>  # will be overwritten."

Notably, pwcheck module is not included on my changes so why
pam-config changed it?

> And the config file you try to modify is not written by pam-config,
> you modified it by yourself.

No all configurations can be done using pam-config, add to this that
on some distros there are symbolic links pointing to pam-config
modified files:

ls -l /etc/pam.d/common-password
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 18 2013-08-26 15:08 /etc/pam.d/common-password
-> common-password-pc

If you can not make all the changes using pam-config then you should
not use it at all?

> Between, I'm pretty sure that the pam-config call will warn you that
> this entries will be ignored.

What entries are you referring to? If by entries you mean my changes
then they were not ignored.