Re: pam application doesn't release sockets

On Fri, Jan 28, Evgeny Tarasov wrote:

> 28.01.2011 00:42, Thorsten Kukuk wrote:
>

>>> So I have another question:
>>> How to properly configure pam authentication for a program in the same way
>>> as in a system? Regardless of whether it is pam_ldap or pam_unix.
>> ? I don't understand your question. The configuration should always
>> be the same and depends on your needs.
>>
> Some systems are configured to authenticate users against /etc/shadow
> passwords, some of them authenticate against Ldap, Kerberos etc. As far as
> I understand, this functionality described in /etc/pam.d/system-auth in
> fedora/rhel or /etc/pam.d/common-[account,auth,password,session] in
> debian/ubuntu.
>
> I want my program to authenticate the same way as in this config even if it
> will be changed.

Sorry, I still don't understand. The advantage of PAM is,
that you as application developer don't need to care about
if the system authenticates against shadow, ldap or whatever.
That's in the responsibility of the system administrator.

  Thorsten

GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nuernberg)