Re: Trouble with crypt(3) in pam module.

Hi,

Don't want to pester, but:

It seems that DES_crypt, DES_fcrypt do not do exactly what GNU's
crypt(3) does when using salts with '$1$', etc... So I have had
to revert to using crypt_r.

I discovered that my Ubuntu DOES have the crypt_r, although it
does not appear in the man pages.

As for OpenSSL, you are right, but this module needs it anyway,
so, as long as the module was portable, DES_fcrypt should be
usable. BUT cf above.

Thanks again,

Pedro.

--