Re: pam/winbind user not found problem

On Friday 17 July 2009 04:17:03 Les Mikesell wrote:
> RB wrote:
> > On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 15:24, Les Mikesell<les@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > <snip Samba questions>
> >
> > I don't see how any of this ties in with the original thread, as none
> > of your questions have anything to do with PAM administration.  If you
> > have questions about using Linux in a Windows domain, you need to be
> > asking those in the Samba support channels.  You could also explore
> > unifying your logins (using PAM or not) across LDAP as opposed to
> > proxying through Samba/winbind.
>
> The main connection is that smb auth doesn't provide a uid/gid, but I'll
> admit I'm fishing for advice hoping someone here knows a better way to
> combine methods in a scenario where there are two separately managed groups
> and an auth module that doesn't give account info.

Well it is possible that pam_winbind provides a uid/gid with the idmap_ad
backend. But this is the PAM mailing list and not the FAQ channel for Samba.

So read the idmap_rid or idmap_ads manpage, the Samba documentation and if you
still have questions, then write to the samba mailing list.

Cheers,

	-- andreas